So my summer-time farmer’s market binge got a little out of hand for the second week in a row…. Can you resist peaches?? I personally cannot. Once, I ate 7 in a row, subsequently paying the price with a stomachache for two days thereafter.
Since that unfortunate incident, I have been a little bit more moderate in my peach eating ways, however that means sometimes they get a little overripe before I have a chance to consume them in their fresh, untouched glory.
Roasting peaches elevates their peachy smell to a new level and gives them a wonderful caramel flavour that makes them perfect for the likes of cool vanilla ice cream…. or prosecco. I mean, you super-charge the peach flavour, you super-charge the bellini, non?
Plus who doesn’t love kicking off the weekend with something fancy?!
To a peachy weekend!
- 3 peaches, halved with pits removed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp honey, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bottle of prosecco, chilled
- Preheat oven to 425
- Half peaches and remove pits
- Dot each with butter, drizzle with honey and lightly sprinkle with a touch of ground ginger.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until just slightly browned and fragrant.
- Add peaches to blender with the additional teaspoon of honey, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth
- Press the mixture through a fine mess sieve to remove any of the peach solids.
- Add two tablespoons of the puree into each champagne flute and top with prosecco.